Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I was a young buck (not many years ago by some minds, another era by other's standards) the very first handgun I bought was a Colt Lawman. I had Python tastes, but unfortunately my pockets didn't agree. Never the less, holding my brand spanking new Colt in .357mag to boot had me grinning from ear to ear. I loved shooting that revolver. It was a 4 incher (my favorite), it was accurate, it was tough, it was a Colt, and most importantly it was all mine.
Several years passed and it was the go anywhere, do anything piece for me. Except for one buddy who owned a Smith M29 I was the hotrod of your shooting gang (he never shot his Smith much). Then the deal of a lifetime came my way (a story for another time) as I got a chance to buy a practically new Python. After aquiring the Python my Lawman stayed home tucked away. In a state of young brain cells not fully functioning I allowed one of my friends to talk me out of that Lawman. To this day I have no idea what I was thinking at that time as I dearly miss that revolver.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,900 Posts
Well, the Lawman can still be found at very reasonable prices. Buy another.

Or step up to a Trooper Mark III or even a King Cobra. They all use very simular actions.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my eye on a nickeled MkIII Trooper right now. The King Cobra will probably wait as a X-mas present to myself, unless a really great deal pops up (I ain't holding my breath though...lol).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've owned Pythons, Trooper MK III, MK V.
FOR ME, MK V was best due to the redesigned gripframe. The Python and MK III are just too long between backstrap and trigger and no grip fixes this. But the MK V has the stub grip frame and I never replaced the original grips cause they were perfect, for me.

------------------
Eternal vigilance is the price.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts