Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to what other members think about the forum posting your location in the classifieds. I don't think I am paranoid, but most gun people try to stay as anonymous as possible and providing potential burglars with details doesn't seem prudent. I guess if you live in Chicago it would be difficult to find you, but someone who lives in a small town could be a target. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Curious as to what other members think about the forum posting your location in the classifieds. I don't think I am paranoid, but most gun people try to stay as anonymous as possible and providing potential burglars with details doesn't seem prudent. I guess if you live in Chicago it would be difficult to find you, but someone who lives in a small town could be a target. Thoughts?
I wouldn't like my address posted -- period! That needs to change.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
I thought this was a very bad change when it happened. The way it changed with no explanations was in bad taste IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
You are spot on. I for one do not like it whatsoever. Seems changes happen here and the membership are the last to know. Not sure why changes happen in this manner with no communication to the members.

Reactions: ace

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Reactions: victorio1sw

·
Registered
633 Posts
Maybe they could have a feature that shows everybody's social security number and bank accounts too. This location thing is idiotic. But then again the numbers are still waaaaaay down from the old forum format that everybody liked. We are just the members, we don't have a say. Maybe a another cool feature would be your vax status.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I live just outside of Concord, North Carolina! That's in Cabarrus County. I have guns!!! And ammo! Come try to find me. Good luck with that. Call me if you can't find the place. Oh, wait, you don't have my phone number, do you? No e-mail address, either. I reckon you're just S.O.L.

View attachment 769688
Nice to know what part of the country you're from, warmer than Prairie Rapids Crossing is.

This forum logs your IP address forum moderators and admins see it and hackers can and have hacked into way more secure sites than this one.

Nose Lip Eye Beard Mouth

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
You are spot on. I for one do not like it whatsoever. Seems changes happen here and the membership are the last to know. Not sure why changes happen in this manner with no communication to the members.
Keep this in mind. And I'm not being funny or flippant here, okay? This forum isn't owned by anyone who posts here. That includes the moderators and admins. Maybe at one time, it was. Not now. It's owned by a company in Canada. Most everyone knows their name here.

This company isn't interested in you, me, or anyone else here. They couldn't care less about our interest in Colts, guns in general, the Second Amendment, or any of that other stuff. They set the format for this forum and every other one they own. They bought all sorts of forums. They load the software. And every one of those forums looks more or less the same. They're like websites you see for car dealers. Those that are part of a dealer chain all look the same. Mods and admins here have limited capability to change anything here.

All Second Media Corp. is interested in is...making money and generating ad revenue for its clients. Check out their company. It's their stated policy. They're an advertising-oriented corporation. I got ten bucks says they wouldn't know a 1911 if you shot them with one.

Bottom line? They don't care whether you, me, or anyone else here likes any changes made to this forum. They really don't care if we stay or go.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts