Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well here is my cheap 1928 PPS after everything modern chemicals and elbow grease can do, short of stripping, polishing and bluing. I tried to give it that well used look without the really bad spots of finish loss, rusty patina and worn places. I think it looks good, hope you do to.

Check the before pics...before anyone scolds me for over correcting "Honest wear". A bruised fender could be considered honest wear on a Jag XKE but I don't think so.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It looks good! Now hand polish it all over Lightly with Flitz. It will look even better! Lightly is the key word!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
What the hey, polish the rest of the blue off with Flitz and lots of hard rubbing!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks good! Now hand polish it all over Lightly with Flitz. It will look even better! Lightly is the key word!
I've gone well beyond Fltz, but that's my secret. I can't do any more without Collects guiding my hand.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Looks like a righteously puffed up piece to me.
To my way of thinkin', a cosmetic improvement that doesn't remove the character of that fine old gun is exactly what that thing needed. I have more old beaters than any other kind, but they are at least kept clean and in as presentable condition as I can manage.
Good save.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts