Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi lads, and ladies too, of course.

I was rummaging around today (when I was supposed to busy working) and came across this photo which I think is absolutely priceless. I'm sure you'll all agree that there's really no caption needed here as the photo tells it all.

They sure do look to me like three up an' comin' cowboys, and that young un with the Dragoon or Colt Navy seems determined to shoot something doesn't he?

Anyway, I'm hoping we could start a thread about your favorite cowboy/gun photo. How 'bout it fella's, hmmmm?

Bud

Headgear Stock photography Child Hat

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it is a photo, and there is a gun........... I think, yep it counts.

Bud

Hey Bud. Does this count?? Jane Russell is armed in more ways than one.....in a way......so to speak......

·
Registered
760 Posts
I believe, if that posse came ridin' after me I'd either 1. die laughing, 2. fall off my horse or 3. slow up until they caught me and then offer them some penny candy. They are some mean lookin' boys (oops, I mean fella's).

·
Registered
760 Posts
The desperado in the rear appears to be totin' a bolt action which is not period correct.

Bud - You made my day with this pic. It has been a crappy one for me for a lot of reasons but I saw this and burst out laughing. Thank you my friend.

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha ha, that's priceless, Tony, just priceless. What a terrific old photo memory.

Thanks

Bud

Two of them Bud; then and now.

In the first shot, I'm the buckaroo on the left, at 5 years old! Totin' my shootin' irons.

My wife and I did one of those nostalgic shots recently in Gatlinburg; I'm on the left again - HA!

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi there Hayes, that is a fantastic drawing. I'd say your daughter must be a professional artist by the looks of that dawing of my one and only favorite old cowboy. I've loved and admired the "Duke" my whole life.

Bud

Here's a photo of a pencil drawing my daughter did for me on my birthday unfortunately the SAA got cut off in the photo

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
As far as personal pictures go, this one I've dragged out before is a favorite. This was probably 15 years ago or so. Maybe more. Virginia City, Nevada. Every time we go there I bring my own hardware. My '58 .45 usually shows up in these. I like this one because we aren't smiling and it looks more real. Well, my wife's smiling a little. I purposely sat in a pose I remember Hickok sitting, sort of, in that classic shot with Buntline, Cody, Texas Jack, and some other guy.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
This was taken back in '86 when I was hunting in Alaska. I am the one on the left with the Colt SAA.

Gamblers Saloon Alaska '86
I really like this one. You guys look serious like the real old time pictures where they had to freeze for a while and the clothing is great. I'll even let you slide on that buscadero rig!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts