Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a particular model and caliber you feel is outstanding for concealed carry? (For what it is worth, I am a law abiding person with a CCW permit).

·
Registered
312 Posts
I carry a Colt Compact,or a Combat Commander, or a full size model depending on the weather (what kind of clothing I have on). If it is really hot, I put a S&W model 36 in the back pocket of my jeans and cover it with an untucked shirt. I like the heavy and slow theory for self defense choices in ammo.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My Colt Cobra circa 1955 which weighs 18.7 lbs loaded with six 38 special. It's much lighter than my Colt "Lightweight" Officers Model which tips the scales at about 2.5 lbs with a full magazine of six plus one chambered 45acp. I've found that I usually grab the lighter one of the two when leaving the house. I also have a legal CCW.

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,695 Posts
This is posted under the semi-automatic pistol section, so what do we get but an 18.7 POUND Cobra revolver as a favorite carry piece! Wow! I would like to see the person who can conceal that monster! I have enough trouble concealing my USAS-12 and it only weights about 14 pounds with its drum loaded. It tends to make my pocket sag a bit. Imagine what an 18.7 pound Cobra would do!

But I digress. My favorite Colt semi-automatic for concealed carry is the Pony Pocketlite. Up until the Kel-Tec 3AT came out, it was the smallest and lightest .380 available. Since small and light are high on my list of features for concealed carry, the smaller and lighter Kel-Tec has replaced the Pony for me.

·
Registered
400 Posts
You ought to see the holster I need for it. It has suspenders. Once I set up the monopod for support I'm all ready for action. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ok how about an approximate weight of 18.5 oz for my loaded Colt Cobra? I did notice that this posting was on the semiauto forum. Sorry It just read that he wanted to know your first choice of CCW carry. I guess your first choise of semiauto CCW piece was implied. But I did tie in the fact that I don't really use my "Lightweight" Officers Model 1911 any more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
just purchased a mustang 380 for my wife...a gal friend of hers also has one..and so she had the chance to try one first..it fits her very well, recoil is great and an accurate gun..she instantly fell for it..and insisted I buy one for her...they are pricey..running mid $500s on up...but the right choice for her...as for me.. I keep a NAA 32acp in a belt pouch (looks like I've got a PDA in there)..as my bug...and if I feel like conditions warrant it.. I'll slide a smith CS40 in the back of my wasteband..shirt tail outnover.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Sorry! Heretic here. Walther PP/K in an auto.

Cobra or Detective Special in revolvers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
gotta second that choice of PPK for auto
I'm waivering though with a Model 1908 .380 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Anybody care to second that? After all it's a real steel Colt that worked for Bogey back in the day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not the PPK but the PP (Manurhin) -sometimes. When the weather cools off I like to carry my SS series 80 Gov't.45
Day in and day out though I carry a Cobra(`61) and an Agent (`82). A couple of nice light, accurate .38s.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
My very first Colt handgun is still carried quite regularly. It's a WWI Colt M1911 .45 that I've had since 1978. It conceals very well under a business suit coat.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Colt Pony lightweight
No safety,super light and concealable,Just pull the trigger and it goes Bang. Always on the ready Only the Kahr pm40 would compete

·
Registered
490 Posts
My current Colt CCW choice is my Kings modified Blue Officers ACP. My second choice would be one of my 2 Defenders.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
689 Posts
I also carry a Defender... In my case it is a Defender Plus... It is lightweight, holds full mags, and most of all is a 45...

I usually carry it in a small of the back holster... Almost any shirt (untucked) will conceal it even in the hottest of weather...

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hot as it is in Houston, light clothing dictates something small and flat. Colt M-380 is fine, but with that broken the Reminton 51 in .380acp is just as concealable, and shoots pretty good too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts