Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work at a ford dealership in the maintence shop, we have a glassed in office that allows customers to see their car being serviced or repaired. our office has the standard golf, boating, time, ect magazines. i started taking my already read rifleman mags in about a year ago and dropping them on the tables.the results have been pretty dramatic, i see regulars looking thru them for the rifleman.the only problem so far is that after about a week they are gone /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifi dont think anyone is taking the boating, golf mags but the rifleman wont last more than a week.i suggest any one in a simular circumstance do the same,our gun heritage is under constant attack and we just might pick up a few members this way. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Why didn't I think of that? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
No answers required. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
The first question that comes to mind is, are you certain they are being taken by fellow gun enthusiasts, or being removed and destroyed by anti gun customers or employees?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I tend to agree w/ohiobuckeye on the anti gunners taking them. Especially if they were pre 1968,when guns were still available by direct mail. This,coupled with those "old prices",would lead the antis to believe "those horrible weapons" are being sold cheaply and directly!!!

But,they'd see the date,you say??? Wrong,these people DON'T do any "fact finding",it is just emotion and what they KNOW is right! They are the elite,the annointed,they know all!!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here in south central ky. there arent too many anti-gun people.it`s pretty common to see loaded guns in glove boxes, door panel pockets and sometimes on customers hips. we have had concealed carry for several yrs. and open carry is still the law in every county. kentucky state law prevents any city or county govt. from restricting your access to guns. ky. state law also prevents any private company or corp. from restricting your right to be armed in your vechicle. private companys may restrict your right to concealed carry on their property but may not prevent firearms in your vechicle which is your property.i would not have an exact percent but i have been in the car business for 25 yrs and here in ky. at least 1 in 10 auto`s have a gun in them. some customers who conceal/open carry will remove their weapon and lay it openly in the frt. seat if they do not want to carry it in the office.personally i have never met an anti gun person here in ky.i`m sure there here but there arent very many.we inspect/ service all city patrol cars at work every saturday and i have noticed several officers looking to see if there is a new rifleman in the stack, they dont wait but rather are picked up and dropped back off when the car is finnished. i suspect some of a/r mags are taken by them as they arent there long enough to read much and the once a week time frame matches the average life of the mag.they are welcome to them as far as i`m concerned.

·
Registered
907 Posts
My local Ford dealer puts out his Rifleman for customers to read. It sort of goes with the animal mounts on the show floor. Yup, this is jackpine savage country /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
7,306 Posts
Good plan . Spread the word . Might pick up some new members .

As there are three of us receiving NRA magazines at our store address , after reading them , I'll put 2 out for the taking and I send one to Iraq .

It surprises me how many "sportmen" I speak with in our store that are not NRA members .
Also , Taurus still pays for a membership when a customer buys a new Taurus . We do our best to get them signed up .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts