Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
This is what I have, it's a '68 (I believe) 4" Diamondback, unfired. The pistol it's self has no blemishes, it looks completely clean to me. The box is highly worn with one flap broken off. It has that original paperwork, or atleast some of it included, however I don't really know if that is all of that original paperwork, as it just came with this package. I've owned this gun for 14 years.
Obviously it's super clean and really nice looking...
For the time being, I'm between that rock and hardspot you know, 'needing to let a few primo goodies go...

I'm pretty sure I have a buyer for it already, as my friend has been telling me he wants it- so it's probably sold if I let it go.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Product Material property Vehicle Car Wood Wood stain Hardwood Plywood Font Gun Firearm Trigger Revolver Starting pistol Revolver Metal Brass
What do you think guys, 'would you have an approximate fair price range for this...What do you think is about the right price on this?
Thanks in advance for your opinion- I'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
The barrel length and caliber are common. The Nickel finish and high condition help the value. The box is a little rough but I think all the paperwork is there. I guesstimate the value at between $1200 to $1400. Hard to keep current with the value as Diamondbacks are hot items right now. As always, JMHO.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I've recently sold 4" Nickel DBacks for $1700-$1800 with no box and $2000-$2400 with the box. Your Box is pretty rough so I would say you have a $2000 piece.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
If the box, stocks and paperwork are correct for the gun it is not a 1968 made gun but more of a mid-late 70's gun. I have the same nickel 38 diamondback with gold emblems but not anywhere near as nice as yours.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would estimate it to be in the $1800 - $2000 range based on everything I see. As you probably know all CA transfers on non-rostered guns must be done face to face at a gun dealer. This certainly gives you a little more negotiating power if you sell it in CA. Don't know how good of a friend your buyer is but that might be a factor in the sale price. If you are in SoCal and the friend deal falls through. drop me a PM if you want to sell it locally.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
In its pristine condition; the box doesn't really help a whole lot, and in .38 caliber (.22 is a whole different animal) you should be looking at $2000 all day long. Tell your friend that will escalate as time marches on. Gorgeous piece!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you guys, I sure appreciate you sharing your expertise and time to help me with this.
And yes, Mikegs430 - of course more than happy to let you know if this Diamondback become available...I'll find out just how serious my friend is on this.
Thanks again to all...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts