Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was your python made? And how old were you when you got your first python?

------------------

·
Registered
4 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KVGuns:
When was your python made? And how old were you when you got your first python?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Mine was made in 1974, My wife bought it for me on my 29th birthday new for $250. 6" royal satin blue. Looks as good today as it did new and shoots more accuately than any of my handguns, some of which are S&W PC guns.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My four inch was made in late `64 or early `65, bought NIB in `65, carried for 20 years until I was forced to switch to a Sig, re-finished in `85, and still shooting as good as it did 38 years ago. It was shot two months ago and compared to a recently obtained `70 Colt Trooper. The first time I've found a gun that will shoot better than my Python is another Colt, but it has a 6" barrel.

I was 27 and now I'm a lot older,

John

[This message has been edited by JCM298A (edited 03-11-2004).]

·
Registered
67 Posts
First Python ordered from Rod & Gun Club at Ft Bragg in late 1970....arrived with top strap and rib encrusted in bluing salts about 1/4 inch thick....lovely blue, but I didn't try the action. It's replacement was lovely and had Cloyce Edwards, Steve Herrett's chief stockmaker put a set of Jordan design grips on it in a beautiful rosewood with striking grain. Classic smooth Python action...let a LEA friend talk me out of it. Subsequently replaced it with a 4", a 2-1/2, and a 3"--the first two made in late 50's and early sixties respectively. All three have smooth DA's and crisp SA pulls without the need of a gunsmith. Among my favorite holster guns.

------------------
"And the blithe revolver began to sing/ To the blade that twanged on the locking-ring..."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts