Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this would be my truck gun, if I had a truck. a good quality revolver that didn't cost a whole bunch. ruger old model not converted 357. Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Air gun post yours.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I don't have a "truck gun" even though I drive a pickup. Whatever I happen to strap on that day is the "gun of the day" unless there's a coyote issue that needs attention. If a neighbor requires assistance with hogs, that's a whole different can of whoopbutt. Never quite saw the need for subjecting a firearm to the West Texas climate extremes which includes pervasive red dust, hotter than Hades summers and occasional frigid days during the winter. The dust being the keyword, it gets into everything when the wind kicks in.

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
I have 2 pickups & they each have a cheap .22 rifle in them for ***** and assorted critters. One is a Mossberg Plinker, I think & the other is an ugly but accurate home repaired old Springfield bolt action. They reside in the trucks year-round. Come calving season, a Ruger Ranch or a Ruger 77-22 Hornet gets thrown in for pesky coyotes.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I live in the boonies & we've got critters out here so I have a Taurus Judge & a Winchester 9410 both loaded w/butt kicking .410 loads in my Bronco,I'm confident that these loads would handle everything out here including a mountain lion.Having tested every load available for the .410 I don't worry about much out here.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I keep a Marlin 336 in my F150. It's soon to be replaced by the 'well used' Auto 5 I just bought from BearBio.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Need I say more

The concrete jungle can be a rough place:)

Attachments

Reactions: mg357

·
Registered
72 Posts
Living in Toledo, Ohio...I really don't carry a firearm with me, even though I probably should... God Willing that I get out of this place and move somewhere where there is wilderness, like returning to Alaska and if I actually got another truck, I'd probably have one of my Lee-Enfield .303" calibre Rifles and a revolver with me. I'd also consider a Savage Model 99 as a truck gun, been interested in them as of late.
Mark

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
My Truck Gun has varied through the decades.

My favorite Truck Gun was my ( fine mechanically, if with rather low vestigial Blue ) ex WWI Colt m1911, which I used to typically have with me in Town or on long Highway or other trips.

"Perfect"

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
swamprat. I finally traded my older Dodge Dakota. It had 270,000 miles and the original clutch. Best truck I ever had. I sold it because the manifold was rusted so bad it would have been a very expensive inspection. They don't make the Dakotas anymore so I got a Ram 1500 short bed with plain cab. It came with the Ram Boxes over the wheel wells. The only problem was I couldn't get a stick shift like the Dakota, so had to settle for the automatic. But those ram boxes are awesome! I can get 4 rifles in them or a Bunch of handguns and ammo. My dog rides in front with me.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Speaking of truck guns-back in the 1970s I helped my dad farm. I would change out truck guns every few days. My dad carried a S&W Bodyguard either in pocket or in a toboggan in his seat along with a Ruger Single Six of mine. Every summer, he would go on an extended vacation thru the western states. One summer while he was gone, I started driving his truck since it had the most tools. I was out at the airbase with the crop dusters and he came driving up in his car. After a while, he decided to get his truck and drive to check a cattle farm. As he was driving off I started to stop him to say I swapped the single six with my 41 mag. Blackhawk, but I thought he wouldn't shoot anything. Well, I was wrong. He reached for what he thought was the 22 and leaned out the truck window to shoot and the 41 popped him pretty good on his forehead. He wasn't too happy about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I see that someone agrees with me on the Savage Model 99 Rifle.
Mark

1 - 20 of 38 Posts