Colt Forum banner

581 - 584 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was 1968 and I was 23 years old and in grad school at Michigan- I had saved what I could from summer jobs and birthday money for a couple of years- I walked into a gun store in suburban Detroit and there she was- A Colt Officer's Model Match in 22 LR- Down went the cash and home she came- And home she still is- I'm 75 and when I close my eyes for the last time she goes to my oldest grandson- He's shot her several times and he smiles every time he pulls the trigger- Memories last forever

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mid 30s. 63 now. I've had many in the middle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My first Colt, was actually an SP1....
Bought it used at a local shop, in 1975, for 250 plus tax. Actually had to put it on layaway, took me a month to pay off.
Second was a 1911A1 somebody had blued , put adjustable rear sight and nasty pearl grips on. 150 bucks...
But finally, the one that counts 😉 was a pristine 4" blue 38 Diamondback. Never bothered to check when it was made, but the factory grips had silver medallions which I was always led to believe meant earlier rather than later production. At least, the one I have now has silver, and it's from 1970....
Started my love for Diamondback Colts.... I've had, well....over the years, five blue ones and two nickel, all 38, all but one four inch....kept getting talked out of them, someone would offer me an attractive trade, and I couldn't say no ......if I'd been a girl, I'd have been pregnant all the time...learned my lesson finally, tho..this one isn't going anywhere. Or the Python, which I've had four of, including two snubs- being an old retired guy on a pension, I know I won't "luck into" or be able to afford to buy any more. Now on the scout for a nice 4" blue Trooper mkIII like the one I pissed away in 2008 (don't ask).....

581 - 584 of 584 Posts