Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoldenWebb has done it again. He takes the grip off a new Anaconda, sees tooling marks, and the trashing begins.

He never seems to actually shoot anything. It's amazing how much damage someone can do even when their primary activity seems to be opening boxes in front of a camera and passing as an expert.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GoldenWebb has done it again. He takes the grip off a new Anaconda, sees tooling marks, and the trashing begins.

He never seems to actually shoot anything. It's amazing how much damage someone can do even when their primary activity seems to be opening boxes in front of a camera and passing as an expert.
Clickbait videos get clicks. I knew he would trash it for some reason before I even saw the video. And apparently Colt hasn't helped themselves at all here. I don't see any other Anaconda reviews besides the one from Golden Webb. They should have gotten examples out there in the hands of many reviewers by now. At this point, it's just Golden Webb being the sole reviewer, and of course he's bashing it. Great job, Colt!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Clickbait videos get clicks. I knew he would trash it for some reason before I even saw the video. And apparently Colt hasn't helped themselves at all here. I don't see any other Anaconda reviews besides the one from Golden Webb. They should have gotten examples out there in the hands of many reviewers by now. At this point, it's just Golden Webb being the sole reviewer, and of course he's bashing it. Great job, Colt!
Hold on a second. You're blaming Colt for what some fat boy in a cowboy hat says on YouTube? Maybe YouTube is your only source for gun knowledge and information, I don't know, but they aren't the "sole reviewer" by a long shot. I see reviews in the American Rifleman, Gun Digest, Guns&Ammo, and GunMag Warehouse, just to mention a few. Of course, in those online and print reviews you actually have to read something instead of simply watching someone else run their mouth on their amateur YouTube channel.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I really could care less what Golden Webb's opinion is about any firearm. Half of the gun stuff and even the disassembly videos are usually wrong at some point on YouTube anyhow. I saw a video with a guy doing 20 steps to remove the Bolt from a Remington 788 awhile back. All you got to do is push the safety front with you thumb and remove the bolt. I find if you give it enough time you will get all the reviews you could want on a new issue Colt right here. Done by real people who actually know something about Colt's and guns in general. You get the good, the bad and even range reports right here. I trust the people on here to give an honest review way more than a YouTube buffoon in a Truck Stop Cowboy Hat.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fair point Mitch, but the problem is the scope of his audience.

He is in a position to do real damage to companies (as he did to Sig).

Furthermore, look what happens when you Google "Colt Anaconda 2021." Nothing from this forum comes up. His hack job comes up first.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Fair point Mitch, but the problem is the scope of his audience.

Furthermore, look what happens when you Google "Colt Anaconda 2021." Nothing from this forum comes up. His hack job comes up first.
Maybe you need to use a different search engine. Why would you let Google filter what you see. Use DuckDuckGo and all kinds of legitimate reviews show up I don't even see his listed.

Reactions: Jimmy2Dogs

·
Registered
688 Posts
Colt1880, I think you're missing my point.
Maybe, but if people take some amateur hack's opinion in a you tube video as the final word on some product, its a sign of a bigger problem. You know what they say about opinions they are like Aholes, everyone has one. You saw thru his hacket job so hopefully other viewers do also. And anyone that places their faith in a single review isn't serious about finding the facts. Besides look at the upside, if no one wants one they will soon be cheap enough for me to get one.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I think that this may be a generational thing, and, just speaking for myself; I've been turned off and do not use a lot of the Oligarch sites anymore. Opinions on the Web are becoming white noise to me, "everyone has one and they all stink." I wasn't too concerned with the negative reviews of the Python (and did send the 6" back for warranty repair). At least during the initial offering, I don't think that this YouTube video will have any impact on sales for this version of the Anaconda. Long term, how will sites like this effect the sales of the younger shooters? Not sure, but I don't think that the they'll be into wheel guns anyway (unless it ends up in a popular movie or TV series).

Reactions: MitchM

·
Registered
73 Posts
Views are king in the world of so called internet "content creators." A negative review of a product is going to attract more attention than a positive one. That is simply human nature.

Honestly, I feel bad for new gun owners looking for reviews. Quality firearms are expensive and hard to come by in many areas right now. Unfortunately, these people are stuck between two extremes. On one hand, you have people that would never say anything negative about a certain product and paid writers that will put a positive spin on anything. On the other, you have people that will trash anything to promote themselves and get youtube views. There are some good resources and reviewers out there, but it is hard to filter through the rest.

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,778 Posts
Surprisingly I read that the Python, despite its lack luster release and subsequent issues , was listed at #8 on the list of the 10 most sold guns over the last year (pandemic spike). Interestingly the #1 gun sold was the P365.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hold on a second. You're blaming Colt for what some fat boy in a cowboy hat says on YouTube? Maybe YouTube is your only source for gun knowledge and information, I don't know, but they aren't the "sole reviewer" by a long shot. I see reviews in the American Rifleman, Gun Digest, Guns&Ammo, and GunMag Warehouse, just to mention a few. Of course, in those online and print reviews you actually have to read something instead of simply watching someone else run their mouth on their amateur YouTube channel.
Hey guys:
Regarding GoldenWebb and his videos you may not like what he has to say or the fact he might make a harmless faux pau of a guns part or nomenclature. That doesn't mean he hasn't had a legitimate problem, valuable opinion or bring experience to the table. I believe he is a very truthful young man and he is sharing HIS personal experience(s) of any weapons or gear he evaluates on camera.
I have seen him do some limited shooting of the 6in Colt Python he reviewed he really did have problems with it (as have quite a few others). I also believe he does not shoot much ammo due to the ammo shortage we all are suffering from.
Furthermore, it is very unprofessional to insult him (or anyone) about their size or weight. Stick to the topic at hand. We all are adults and don't have to sink to that level.
Furthermore, I believe he is a law enforcement officer and he deserves the utmost, highest respect, especially in the times we are sadly witness to in our country today.
He puts his life on the line for all of us.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The P365 got a lot of hype from the gun mags which helped push sales.
I was greatly disappointed when I bought one and went for a range
visit. Trigger is creepy, gritty and I hate the green blob for a front site.
The S&W Shield Plus is much better IMHO.

·
Registered
Colt SAA, Usfa SA, Std Mfg SA.
1,778 Posts
The P365 got a lot of hype from the gun mags which helped push sales.
I was greatly disappointed when I bought one and went for a range
visit. Trigger is creepy, gritty and I hate the green blob for a front site.
The S&W Shield Plus is much better IMHO.
The shield plus was #5 on that list. So still a strong seller. The Colt cobra was #3, it seems that the guns that sold in the top 5 were all smaller carry guns and cost seemed to have nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
The shield plus was #5 on that list. So still a strong seller. The Colt cobra was #3, it seems that the guns that sold in the top 5 were all smaller carry guns and cost seemed to have nothing to do with it.
The Shield Plus was only available starting late 2020 -- so the Sig had about a 6 month head start.
That possibly explains the placement on the list. I paid $515 (below MSRP) for the Shield.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I took a quick peek at one of his videos. They're hard for me to watch. He was going to shoot some kind of 20-gauge double barrel pistol I think. Looked to me like he was having trouble figuring out how to load it. I mean, we all know how complicated it is to load a double barrel shotgun, don't we? I hit the pause button then. Went back to watching retro-music videos for a while.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.